Since 1996, we have been providing Christian education to students in the Hernando and Pasco area. We equip students in PreK-12th with both the academic skill to compete and the faith to serve their Lord Jesus. WHCS is a member of ACSI, through which it derives and maintains its standards of academic excellence.
Working in harmony with homes and churches, West Hernando Christian School strives to nurture each student's spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and physical development so that their highest human potential may be attained through the love and guidance of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Our Core Values
GROWING TOGETHER IN...
- By providing an environment that nurtures and encourages each student’s spiritual growth and relationship with Christ.
- By coming beside the family to offer academic, social, physical, and spiritual development.
- By leading others to know God personally.
- By transforming and molding students for their life’s purpose as planned by our Lord and Savior.
- By providing an academic environment that encourages each student to reach their fullest potential according to their abilities.
- By educating our students to be able to discern truth and express themselves clearly through writing, speaking, and actions.
- By instilling values in our students, including love of God, others, and our country.
- By training and develop Godly leaders.
- By showing the love of Christ through the way we interact with each other.
- By being a light to our local community through our Godly example and acts of service.
Our Statement of Faith
We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God. (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:21, John 17:17).
We believe there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (I John 5:7).
We believe in the deity of Christ (John 10:30, 17:11, 22), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:21-25, Luke 1:26-35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (I Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, I Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of the Father (Mark 16:19, Acts 7:56), and His personal return in power and glory (Acts 9-11, Jude 14-15, and Revelation 19:11).
We believe in the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature, that men are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ, and that only by God’s grace through faith alone we are saved (John 3:16-19, 5:24, Romans 3:23, 5:8-9, Ephesians 2:8-9, and Titus 3:5).
We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation (Daniel 12:2, John 5:28-29).
We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:14-17,I Corinthians 12:12-14, Galatians 3:26-28).
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life (John 16:7-15, Romans 8:9-13, I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20, Ephesians 4:30, 5:18).